Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A messy failure?

In early 2014 I was recruited to offer online courses at LFE.Com. Not seeing any advantage over my existing platforms, I declined.

But I still get some of their emails, and a few days ago I received notice that they’re shutting down. This is supposed to be orderly, according to a second email, enabling instructors to choose to allow members to download courses. But whenever I go to LFE.COM I get searchfusion - as though the website no longer exists. Same result two different days with both chrome and mozilla.

LFE was like Udemy in that it sold individual courses, there was no subscription. Given how my Udemy revenue has collapsed, I’m not surprised to hear of a similar enterprise throwing in the towel. I still think that subscription will win in the long run, that Udemy has killed the goose by driving prices down to $10 for everything, but who knows?

Added note: my reply to Zeev G. didn't get through: "The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [lfe.com 75.126.100.17"

No comments:

"Always do right--this will gratify some and astonish the rest."Mark Twain
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exup'ery

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." Albert Einstein

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle